Last night the American Advertising Federation of Topeka (AAFT) held their annual ADDYs Gala to recognize the best creative produced in the Topeka area this past year. As Second-Vice President on the AAFT Board, I’ve been very active these past few months helping plan and organize the gala, as well as participating in the competition through my work at jones huyett Partners.
I am happy to report that we were successful on all fronts! The show went off without a hitch, and everyone I talked to seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves at the gala. I’m sure it helps that we had a free Boulevard Wheat keg tapped, but I think the big score for the AAFT Board was the highly successful video clips incorporated throughout the program! The clips were shot and produced by some of the best talent in town (Gizmo Pictures/Gadget Video, Shannon Reilly and his Laughing Matters crew from the Topeka Civic Theatre and the coordination/planning of Ms. Andrea Koker).
The jhP team also faired very well throughout the evening, coming home as the big winners in the medal count, pocketing 6 gold medals and 10 silvers! We were fortunate enough to see one of our dear co-workers, Leslie Palace, selected as their year’s Silver Medal Award recipient. And, I (as well as the rest of the AAFT Board) was the recipient for the Caroyln Terhune Volunteer of the Year Award.
Below is a list of the projects and clients that jhP won medals for. I am proud to say that I had a direct hand in many of these projects, but more importantly, that they were produced for some of the best clients in the world!
– Mulvane Art Museum “Paper Dali Illustration”
– jhP 2008 Holiday Card
– jhP Pet Partners Holiday Card
– United Way Campaign Photography
– jhP Super Bowl Commercial
– Greenwave Electric Vehicle & Trailer Wrap
– Stormont-Vail HealthCare TV Campaign
– Penwell-Gabel Funeral Homes Coffeyville Calendar Photography
– March of Dimes “Chef Illustration”
– Mulvane Art Museum Outdoor Campaign
– Advanced Manufacturing Institute Brochure
– CoreFirst Bank & Trust Community Campaign
– Stormont-Vail HealthCare Healthy Times Newsletter
– Topeka Symphony Orchestra Branding TV Spot
– Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Employee Campaign
– March of Dimes Campaign Materials