As people are scurrying around, trying to find the perfect present for that someone special in their life, I thought it might be appropriate to highlight some of the fantastic local gifting options I’ve found, offered by some of Topeka’s best small businesses:
- Hazel Hill Chocolate – Everyone loves great chocolate, and it doesn’t get any better than Hazel Hill! And, this year they’ve made it even easier to give the yummiest treats around by extending their fine offerings with online shopping.
- Hillmer’s – Check out all of their leather options. From gloves and wallets to handbags and luggage, everyone loves fine leather!
- Herman’s Meat Market – Not sure what to get for your dad, or maybe a hard-to-shop for uncle? Surprise him with a gift certificate or special cut of meat from Herman’s. This small meat market located at 2825 SW Fairlawn Road offers the best fresh meat options around.
- Marion Lane Candles – Check out these premium, handmade, scented candles or create your own! The fragrant SoyflowerTM candles burn longer and cleaner than traditional petroleum based waxes, meaning your gift recipient will appreciate your thoughtfulness for weeks and months to come!
- Blush Boutique – Need to find a great gift for the fashionista in your life? Blush Boutique will have it! Located in Fleming Place at 10th and Gage, this super-chic boutique offers couture options and designer labels like Ed Hardy and Juicy Couture that will impress even the pickiest shopper.
- Wolfe’s – Cameras, camera accessories, camcorders and more are available at this downtown camera shop. Whether your needing to find the latest in the camera-world to make your favorite photographer happy, or you just want to have some excellent prints developed, Wolfe’s is your place!
- Gatekeeper Hobbies – Need to shop for a superhero? Gatekeeper is the place to be with a wide selection of comic books, card and role-playing games. They are located at 4123 SW Gage Center Drive in Suite 100.
- Dee and Mee Hobbies – This is the place to go if you’re looking for the perfect gift for an RC enthusiast! Offering more than just remote control aircraft, cars and trucks, Dee and Mee is the only hobby shop in town with their own grass strip flying field and off-road dirt track. Have an interest, but don’t know how to fly? Don’t worry, they can teach you!
- Manning Music – Got a budding (or long-time) musician to buy for? Consider giving them the gift of sound. Whether it’s a new instrument (rental or purchase) or repairing an old one, Manning Music will get you set. And they offer lessons too!
- Great Plains Running Company – You can’t overlook Great Plains Running Company if you’re shopping for a runner or health enthusiast! This specialty running and walking store offers a wide variety of shoes, clothing, gear and accessories that any hiker, runner, walker or yoga-ist would love.
There are so many great Topeka gift options to name, that I know I’ve overlooked some other fantastic small businesses. Please help me add to this list!